Monday, June 19, 2006

The Last Spanking

I was raised during a time when spanking was the main form of discipline for children. Although my parents also employed alternate methods of discipline like going to bed without supper, going to the room and sit without doing anything, withholding play or going outside and the ultimate -NO TV! they still continued to spank us well into our early teens. My parents believed in discipline fitting the "crime" so to speak. So a spanking was the worst punishment we could receive for doing the worst deed-lying. Not only were we spanked for lying, but the punishment was compounded with some sort of restriction, depending on our age.

Both parents spanked. My mother, when I was two years old, spanked me with a brush, which bruised my fanny. She was mortified by this and discontinued using an instrument on me and only used her hand. Though it took some time, she was able to persuade my father to spank me with his hand as well. Unfortunately, my brothers didn't bruise as easily as I did, so their spanking was with a belt or brush.

My mother was a short slight woman, weighing 90 pounds at the best of times. I suspect that is why she felt the need to use a brush. My father was a fit service man, the belt was more a symbol. I learned early that taking my lumps without whimpering would make the punishment short. Daddy's spanking always hurt. Ma's not so much.

My brothers were a different story. It didn't matter who was spanking them, they would scream, yell, cover their butts. Oh, it was horrible. I would go in my room, shut the door and scream in my brain, "STOOOOP!" I hated it more when they were spanked than when I was.

My brother at 14 had grown into muscular strapping lad like his father. Daddy was overseas, in Viet Nam. My mother had decided to spank my brother for lying. As she spanked him, she noticed he was not screaming and yelling as typical of his behaviour. She did notice that his shoulders were heaving, so after a few swaks she decided enough, he was sufficiently punished. When she stopped she told him to turn around and he wouldn't. Thinking he was ashamed she began to comfort him. She became concerned because he couldn't talk and his shoulders were heaving still. She finally got him to turn around and as she did, she saw that he was laughing so hard he could not stop.

My mother looked at my brother and started laughing too, she said, "You didn't even feel that did you?" Still laughing my brother shook his head no. That was his last spanking.

13 comments:

GrizzBabe said...

I was a reasonable compliant child but I did have my share of spankings. I was just sharing with a friend the other day that the most tortuous feelings were when I had to pick my own hickory switch and when my spanking was delayed until we got home.

Old Lady said...

Grizzbabe
I concur. "You're getting a spanking after dinner", was my most feared. This elongated the meal and made everyone at the table miserable. I just wanted to get it over with and finish dinner!

Barbara said...

My mother also spanked me with a brush when I was 2 years old. I had picked all the leaves off her geraniums because I liked their furry feel. I remember this as though it was yesterday.

Mother of Invention said...

My mom swatted us with the flyswatter and we ran away not because it hurt so much but because we had just found out that there were a million germs on each fly!!!
The worst thing to hear was, "Wait until your father gets home!"!! He could actually propel us up the stairs to our rooms. For all that I can't ever remember having any really bad marks on our bodies..it was mostly the shame and feeling bad that hurt, I'm glad to say.

Coaster Punchman said...

Wow, this post struck me (no pun intended) so much that I had to write about it over at CPW.

CP

Anonymous said...

What a great site pregnant pussy 150dollarsmail com pay per click suzuki gsxr 750 Sexy mums ass Digital printing services books Football administrative assistant job description water bed sheet http://www.online-mba-degree-rumford-rhode-island.info Little lactating boobs fragrance oil Overhead projector math sheets Computers multimedia services freelance

Anonymous said...

Back in the day hitting and generally mistreating children, even by well meaning parents, was the "soup du jour" because society condoned it. Hopefully today, we recognize that treating children like third class citizens is a stain on our country that will be washed out with future generations.

Anonymous said...

If you always write interesting, I will be your regular reader. skin care

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting to read about this in your article. blood pressure Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

Anonymous said...

Interesting. My parents didn't spank much, but when they did it was something you remembered. When I was 11, I got into trouble for taking something from a store (shoplifting). I got the first spanking I ever had with my pants pulled down and I will never forget the embarrassment of being spanked in my jockey shorts over dad's knee while mom observed. Looking back on it though, I think my parents did the right thing. It left me a life long aversion to stealing.

Anonymous said...

I did not get spanked by my parents much mostly by my older brother who was 18 and I was 13. I remember one night the most when my brother was looking after me and my parents went out for their anniversary meal. I asked if I could go out and he said only if I came back at 9. I ignored his curfew and came back at half 11. He was furious he grabbed a hold of my arm took me over his knee spanked me like 5times then hugged me and told me never to do anything like that again. I got sent up to my room after that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks from Aghadrumsee ;)

my web site - printing quantities

Anonymous said...

Your parents should be jailed. There is no, and was no, excuse to hit.