Friday, June 23, 2006

Ghost

I live in a town that is as infested with ghosts as it is cockroaches. We are famous for our ghosts and tourists come to town just to visit the haunts. I believe every native in this town has a good ghost story or two. I have a bunch. 

I had made arrangements with a friend of mine to meet at her house one evening. She told me if her car wasn't in the driveway to wait and she would soon follow. As it turned out, she was not home when I arrived, so I waited. She lived in a neighborhood I had once lived so I began to recall events that occurred when I lived in the house across from my friend. Pretty typical for a person to do this. A few minutes passed by and my friend drove up into her driveway. In the front seat of her station wagon was her daughter. In the back of the station wagon was a little girl with her face pressed up against the window. I waved as I got out of my car and greeted my friend. The little girl jumped out of the back and started running between my friend's house and another. I asked my friend, "Who's that little girl?" She looked at her daughter and said, "You know R, this is R!" I said, "No, who was that little girl in the back of your car?" She said, "There was no little girl in the car, just R & me." I laughed and pressed on, because I knew I had seen a little girl in the car get out of the car run away. "You are messin' with me. You had a little girl in your car. She had bangs with short light colored hair and she was wearing a dress. She got out of your car and ran between the houses!" My friend countered with, "You may have seen that, but there was no girl in the car." It was then I knew I had seen a ghost. I tried to find out who it was by discussing the incident with my friend and my family, but to no avail.

No comments: